For Creativity that Knows No Limits
The SINGER Futura XL-420 embroidery and sewing machine includes innovative features that allow you to do more than ever before. With an endless hoop, knee lifter for hands-free presser foot lifting, extra-large sewing space for quilting and 200 built-in embroidery designs – including 20 endless designs – it’s just what you need to make your sewing creativity truly limitless.
- 200 ALL NEW Embroidery Designs
- Includes small hoop, large hoop and 20 endless designs
- NEW Endless Embroidery Hoop
- Create beautiful border and edging designs in this 6.75” X 4” hoop.
- Multi-Hooping Capability
- Easily create designs larger than one hoop. Large multiple hoop embroidery designs can be easily created on screen providing the sewer with the capability to precisely match stitches and designs.
- 3 Easy-On Extra-Large Hoops
- Includes a 10” X 6” large hoop, 4” X 4” small hoop and 6.75” X 4” endless hoop
- Stippling Embroidery Designs
- Easily creates free motion quilting effects with embroidery.
- Design File Compatibility
- The included embroidery software will read these design file types: FHE, XXX, JEF, CHE, HUS, PES, DST, SHV, PEC, EXP, VIP, PCS, PSW & SEW.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Using the embroidery software, you can resize a design, letters or delete part of a design to meet your needs.
- Easily Sends Designs to Machine
- One icon click in the embroidery software sends the design to your machine
- 5 Popular Fonts for Monogramming
- Select from 5 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Outline Lettering
- Create big, bold letters using a running or satin stitch.
- Embroidery Software Included
- Installation software comes on a handy USB
- Live Software Updates
- You can set the embroidery software to check for updates manually or on a set schedule. With a live internet connection, if an update is detected, it will automatically download to your desktop and await installation.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- By allowing you to use your own computer, this unique innovation gives you the same capabilities of other embroidery machines at a fraction of the cost.
- SWIFTSMART™ Threading System
- Simply guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for easy needle threading.
- DROP & SEW™ Bobbin System
- No need to pull up the bobbin thread manually. Simply insert the bobbin, place the thread in the channel and start sewing.
- 6 STAYBRIGHT™ LED Lights
- With lights on each side of the needle area as well as one light over the large surface to the right of the needle, it is easier to see your work.
- 30 Built-In Sewing Stitches
- 6 Basic, 5 Stretch 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonholes
- A large variety of stitches for fashion, home décor, quilting and heirloom sewing always ensures the perfect stitch for every project.
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process, providing reliable results every time.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Foot with Underplate
- This foot sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
- Knee Lifter
- The knee lifter allows for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot and is vital when appliquéing, embroidering or quilting.
- Extra-Large Sewing Space
- Plenty of room for your biggest projects with 8.25 inches from the needle to the tower
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position when your foot is lifted from the controller, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing and quilting.
- Drop Feed
- Perfect for free-motion embroidery, machine embroidery, monograms and attaching buttons without the need to attach a darning plate.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- There are two heights to the presser foot lifter. The second height offers a ¼” more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot.
- Automatic Tension
- Stable stitch quality no matter the type of fabric used
- Speed Control Lever
- Slide the lever on the front of the machine to set the sewing speed from slow to fast. When the foot pedal is used the lever functions as a top speed limiter
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Accessories Included
- 6.75” X 4” Endless Embroidery Hoop, 10” X 6” embroidery hoop, 4” X 4” embroidery hoop, Knee Lifter, USB Cable, Embroidery Foot, All Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Thread Spool Nets, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Scissors, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush and Vinyl Accessory Bag
- Computer Requirements
- Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, 1GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0
30 day Exchange Guarantee.
If you're not happy with one of our products for any reason we will exchange it within 30 days (14 day returns for refunds) View our full returns policy
GUARANTEE - Parts & Labour
During the guarantee period, if your machine is found to be in need of attention owing to problems caused through faulty components, we will repair the item at no charge.
The limits and exclusions to this policy are set out within this document.
In order that we can courier your machine during your warranty period, you must keep all original boxing and packaging (including the polystyrene interior packaging) and ensure they are intact and free from moisture. Please note that we can only courier machines from addresses within mainland UK.
After 6 months of purchase, the cost of return or re-delivery of machine is to be paid by the customer – the cost at the time of writing is £30 which covers an insured return and re-delivery.
This guarantee is for machines supplied within the UK.
This DOES NOT affect your statutory rights.
Our guarantee will run along site any manufacturer's warranty and apply only to machines purchased for use in the UK and used for normal home/domestic use.
This guarantee does not cover
Foot controls, user error, accidental damage, bobbin cases, needles, bobbins, bulbs, loopers, belts, blades · any item not covered by the standard manufacturer's warranty.
Domestic machines can only be used for domestic and private use and any business use will invalidate this guarantee.
Any repair carried out by a non approved repairer will void your guarantee.
In event of an issue with your sewing machine, please contact us to arrange for the machine to be booked in to be inspected & repaired.
IRONING / STEAM PRESSES
All presses being used for commercial purposes such as but not limited to, hotels, nursing homes or B&Bs are guaranteed for 6 months. Parts only covered for 2 years.
Guarantee Exclusions - showroom, ex-display models and reboxed machines have a total of 1 year warranty as standard unless otherwise stated.
UK delivery is FREE on all orders over £30.
We aim to deliver orders of in stock items within 1-5 working days.
OUT OF STOCK or PRE-ORDERED ITEMS - If the title of your product or the description contains delivery information, please refer to this for estimated delivery of your item.
AGENCY MODELS (sent directly from manufacturers)
BROTHER - Many Brother models are sent directly from Brother. Please allow 1-5 days for delivery. Machines priced £599 or above may take up to 14 days for delivery. VR, PR and XV models are delivered to our showroom and then redelivered to your home or work.
JANOME - Many Janome models are sent from Janome's own warehouse. Please allow 1-5 days for delivery. Please allow 1-2 weeks for models: 14000, 15000, Atelier 9. Pre-ordered machines - please see delivery information in the title of the product.
PFAFF & VIKING HUSQVARNA - Most models from these brands are sent directly from mainland europe as special order items. Please allow 1 to 3 weeks for delivery.
SHOWROOM MODELS / EX-DISPLAY MODELS - These machines are tested by sewing machine engineers prior to being sent and may not be dispatched straight away - please allow 7-14 days for delivery.
GIFTS FOR BIRTHDAYS / CHRISTMAS - Items are sent out as they are delivered to us from the manufacturer in original packaging. Please send us a request if you would like your item "black-wrapped" to hide the contents. Note: this is not always possible at busy times and we would suggest delivering to an alternative address or collection point if convenient.
ADJUSTOFORM - Dress forms are made to order. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
OTHER BRANDS (INC. SINGER, BERNETTE, AEG, NECCHI, JAGUAR, HIGHLINE, TOYOTA, MILLEPUNTI, VIGORELLI) - Unless otherwise stated, please allow 1-5 working days for delivery.
Delivery times may be longer than quoted in busy periods such as Sales, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas time, Bank holidays etc. If your item is of an urgent nature, please check with your sales agent for up-to-date delivery times.
NOTIFICATIONS OF DELIVERY (By Courier)
Our carrier will normally notify you by email or text message (SMS) 1-2 days before delivery.
Please note that if you order more than one product, they may arrive separately - even if advertised as part of a bundle. This is due to the fact that we operate several warehouses and some stock is delivered directly from the manufacturer.
Deliveries are securely tracked. This is to ensure the goods are delivered and received correctly. If you can’t be there to sign for delivery our couriers will generally leave the item(s) with a neighbour or a safe place if you have specified this is as appropriate.
Delivering Outside UK
Many of our products are only available for delivery within the United Kingdom. We only supply BS spec product designed for use in the UK. Please check with our sales team before ordering if you wish to order for delivery outside of the UK.
If you wish to provide delivery instructions after placing your order, please contact us as soon as possible quoting order number.
These are delivered by pallet at a cost of £65. Please note these items can be heavy and will may require 2 people to unload into your premises. Failed deliveries will not be refunded.
Please see our returns policy (click here)